new transposer      circle of 5ths    wap

peavey blazer 158: tube or solid?

Instruments and Gear
15 Oct 2008 21:21 | Quote
Joined: 30 Sep 2008
I have a little peavey blazer and I'm not sure if its a solid state or a tube amp. On the amp it says "transtube series". What does this mean?
15 Oct 2008 21:25 | Quote
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
Karma: 31
im not sure, im gona take a guess and say its a hybrid, a mix between tube and solid, google it?
15 Oct 2008 21:37 | Quote
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
United States
Licks: 1
Karma: 2
I think it's solid state. Transtube is like tube "emulation", so it mimics the sound of tube amp, but it's actually solid state.
16 Oct 2008 10:02 | Quote
Joined: way back
Lessons: 4
Karma: 5
It is solid state. Transtube is Peaveys name for thier solid state amps.
18 Oct 2008 13:35 | Quote
Joined: way back
United States
Lessons: 2
Karma: 10
True and theyre pretty good for solid state but nothing compares to real tubes.
18 Oct 2008 14:51 | Quote
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
United States
Karma: 1
yes solid state. transtube is the name of peavey's patented circuit
design that increases compression as the power amp gets louder.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All rights reserved.